Ethylene Glycol (MEG)
Ethylene Glycol is an odorless, colorless, syrupy, sweet-tasting liquid.
Common uses for EG are in the manufacture of fibers, resins, antifreeze formulations and other industrial products.
- Packing – Bulk, Tank Truck, Drums (new & reconditioned).
- Bulk and tank trucks loads are approximately 44,000 lbs.
- Ethylene Glycol (MEG) is found in many products from solvents, ballpoint pens, cosmetics to brake fluids. It is an anti-freeze used in both consumer and industrial applications such as cooling systems, brake fluids and deicing. It is also a raw component int the fabric manufacturing industry. Even thought ethylene glycol is found in both antifreeze for cars and in building air conditioning systems it cannot be interchanged. There are silicates added to the car antifreeze that can damage the air conditioning systems.
- Ethylene glycol is combustible and toxic if ingested. It will cause damage to the nervous system, heart and kidneys and can be fatal. Due to it’s sweet taste care must be taken around children as they can easily be tempted to ingest it. Many consumer products now contain a bitter flavoring additive to help avoid accidently poisoning. Ethylene glycol should not be used, even as a deicer, antifreeze or coolant in an area where there is any type of drinking water or food systems nearby.
- Please use the form below to contact us for more information about ethylene glycol or any other chemicals you need in bulk quantities. You can also call our office and we will be pleased to answer any questions you have, or provide you with a detailed quote.