DALLAS (February 18, 2021) – Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE), today announced that as a result of the impacts of extreme winter weather on Celanese’s operations, as well the unplanned shutdowns and force majeure declarations of many of its suppliers and service providers in the Texas Gulf Coast, Celanese is declaring force majeure with respect to the following products to its customers in the Americas and EMEA:
• Acetic Acid
• Vinyl Acetate Monomer (VAM)
• Ethyl Acetate
• Acetic Anhydride
• Methyl Acetate
• Vinyl and Acrylic Emulsions
• Redispersible Powders
• Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA)
• Dimethylamine (DMA) and Trimethylamine (TMA)
• Methyl Isobutyl Carbinol (MIBC) and Methyl Isobutyl Ketone (MIBK)
Click here for more information.
Be sure to reach out to your dedicated GreenChem Sales Rep for further insight on how the latest chemical news might effect you.